- The Federal Territory Sports Awards are the most prestigious awards aimed at giving appreciation and recognition to Athletes, Coaches, Managers and Sports Officers who have worked to improve sports performance and excellence in the Federal Territory.
- The Federal Territory Sports Award was introduced in 2007 and has now been implemented as is the case with all the States and also such as the award of the National Sports Awards every year.
- The award was made through the Federal Territory Sports Sport Award Selection Committee responsible for evaluating and considering candidates submitted by each Sports Association to be elected by the category of the Competition awarded.
The objectives of the Federal Territory Sports Awards are: –
- Recognition to Athletes, Coaches, Managers and Sports Officers who have achieved sports excellence in the Federal Territory.
- Appreciation to individuals who have contributed to sports development in the Federal Territory.
- Encourage and motivate sportsmen in the Federal Territory to continue to strive for excellence not only in the Federal Territories but also in the National and International levels.